Call 01253 361000
Open 9:30am - 5:00pm | Mon - Fri
Google Analytics lets you measure your advertising ROI as well as track your Flash, video and social networking sites and applications. We can help you to start using Google Analytics and write better-targeted ads to strengthen your marketing initiatives and get even better results from your website.
Before you can use Google Analytics, you’ll need to set up an account with them. This will provide you with a unique identifier to add to your site. You can only access information about your own site. And the only people with access to your information will be yourself or any work colleagues you give special permissions to.
Follow our Simple Guide to Set up your Account:
1) Go to the Google Analytics website – www.google.co.uk/analytics
2) If you do not have a Google or Gmail account, click ‘Sign Up Now’ which is located to the left of the sign-in box. This will take you to a page where you can sign up for a Google account.
3) If you have a Google account already, use your email address and password to sign in.
4) Click the Sign Up button to continue.
5) In the next window, provide Google with the URL of the site you wish to analyse.
6) Give the site an account name that is easy to remember. Select the country your site is based in or the country it is serving. Then select the appropriate time zone.
7) Click Continue.
8) In the next window, provide your contact information.
9) Click Continue.
10) In the next window, read the Google Analytics terms of service. If you agree with them, click the Yes box.
11) Click Create New Account.
12) Google will provide you with a block of code. Copy this – you’ll need to insert it into your web site.
Congratulations, you’re all set to write better-targeted ads, strengthen your marketing initiatives and create better converting websites! Townpages are more equipped than ever to help you make the most of this brilliant business tool – we have Google Analytics Qualified Individuals! Why not get in touch and we can talk you through the benefits?
Alternatively, you can go to www.google.co.uk/analytics and watch an online tutorial showing you how to use Google Analytics in the most effective way. You can also learn more about choosing the right keywords, targeting your best markets, along with how to engage with and convert more customers.
That’s enough to take in for now, so look out for your October edition of In the Loop and we’ll show you how to analyse your website traffic in an entirely new way and create a Bespoke Dashboard. Worth waiting for? Hundreds of UK businesses are already signed up, so don’t get left behind.
“Globally recognized stamp of approval which showcases knowledge of the latest AdWords tools and best practice techniques”
For more information about our services push the button!